You can download videos from YouTube to your computer, phone, or tablet. Note that while uploading videos to the platform is not illegal, it is against the terms of service if you use third-party tools.XSou
Table of Contents
- 1 Use VLC Player on Computer
- 1.1 Open YouTube on your computer.
- 1.2 Go to the video you want to download.
- 1.3 Copy the video address.
- 1.4 Open VLC Player.
- 1.5 Open a network stream.
- 1.6 Paste the YouTube video address in the field.
- 1.7 Click Play.
- 1.8 Display codec information.
- 1.9 Copy the contents of the Location field.
- 1.10 Paste the URL into your web browser.
- 1.11 Right-click on the video.
- 1.12 Download the video.
- 1.13 Choose a save location.
- 2 Use 4K Video Downloader on Computer
- 2.1 Download the 4K Video Downloader setup file.
- 2.2 Install 4K Video Downloader.
- 2.3 Go to the video you want to download.
- 2.4 Copy his address.
- 2.5 Open 4K Video Downloader.
- 2.6 Click Paste Link.
- 2.7 Choose a video format from the Format menu.
- 2.8 Select a quality.
- 2.9 Click Download.
- 2.10 Open the location of your video.
- 3 Using KeepVid on an iPhone or iPad
- 3.1 Install Documents by Readdle.
- 3.2 Open YouTube on your iPhone or iPad.
- 3.3 Go to the video you want to download.
- 3.4 Tap Share.
- 3.5 Choose Copy Link.
- 3.6 Open the Documents app.
- 3.7 Tap the blue compass icon.
- 3.8 Open this page in your browser.
- 3.9 Tap the Enter link field.
- 3.10 Long press the Enter link field.
- 3.11 Choose Paste.
- 3.12 Select the blue Download Now button.
- 3.13 Scroll down to the Best Download option.
- 3.14 Rename the file then press Done.
- 3.15 Add the Readdle folder to the Files app.
- 3.16 Watch the video.
- 4 Advice
- 5 Warnings
Use VLC Player on Computer
Open YouTube on your computer.
If you have VLC Media Player on your machine, you can use it to download videos from YouTube. Start by opening YouTube in your browser.
- If you don’t have VLC Player on your computer, you can download it here or by using another method.
- This method should work on most videos, but in some cases, you will see the error message “Your entry cannot be opened” during the download.
If the video doesn’t play, it’s because YouTube restricts its location on the web if it contains copyrighted content. The only way around the problem is to use a download site that is not subject to this restriction (eg mpgun.com) or to use a program on a computer.
Go to the video you want to download.
Copy the video address.
Open VLC Player.
The app should be in the Start menu on Windows or in the Applications folder on macOS. It’s the orange traffic cone icon.If it is not yet installed on your computer, you can download it for free from this website. VLC is an open code ( open source ) video player with many functions to play all types of files.
Open a network stream.
Network streams provide the ability to play online content in VLC. The steps to follow vary depending on whether you are using Windows or macOS.
- If you use Windows: click on Media then on Open a network stream.
If you use macOS: click on File then on Open a network.
Paste the YouTube video address in the field.
If you’re using a Mac, click Open instead to open the YouTube video in VLC.
- If you are unable to play videos from YouTube, update VLC then try again.
If you still can’t play videos from YouTube, copy the text on this page and then paste it into a new file in the Notepad or TextEdit application. Save the file as youtube.lua. On Windows, type “C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist” in File Explorer. On Mac, right-click on VLC.app in Applications then click on Show Contents . Go to “/MacOS/share/lua/playlist”, delete the youtube.luac file and then replace it with the youtube.lua file you saved .
Display codec information.
- On Windows: click on Tools then select Codec Information.
- On Mac: click on Window then Information on the media.
Copy the contents of the Location field.
At the bottom of the window, you will see an address that you will need to copy. Highlight the address then copy it following the steps below.
- On Windows: right-click on the highlighted link and select Copy.
On Mac: right-click on the text field then select Open URL.
Paste the URL into your web browser.
Right-click on the video.
Download the video.
Choose a save location.
Use 4K Video Downloader on Computer
Download the 4K Video Downloader setup file.
Open this page in your computer’s web browser. Then click Get 4K Video Downloader in the middle of the page to download the setup file to your machine.
- 4K Video Downloader is available for Windows computers and Macs.
Install 4K Video Downloader.
Once the 4K Video Downloader setup file is downloaded, you can install it on your computer.
- On a Windows computer: double-click the installation file, choose Yes at the command prompt, then follow all on-screen instructions.
On a Mac: double-click the installer file, verify the process if necessary, click and drag the 4K Video Downloader application icon to the Applications folder, then follow any on-screen instructions.
Go to the video you want to download.
Copy his address.
Open 4K Video Downloader.
Click Paste Link.
Select a quality.
By default, the highest possible quality will be selected, but you can check the box next to a different quality (eg 1080p ) if your computer does not support the highest format.For example, most laptop screens don’t support 4K video, which means there’s no point in downloading a video in this format.
Open the location of your video.
Once the video has downloaded, right-click on it and then select Show in Folder from the drop-down menu. This will open a File Explorer (on Windows) or Finder (on Mac) window with the video you downloaded. Simply double-click the file to open it in your computer’s default video player.
- If you’re using a Mac, press the key Ctrl while clicking on the video to display the right-click menu.
Using KeepVid on an iPhone or iPad
Install Documents by Readdle.
Apple policy makes it difficult to download files to your iPhone or iPad, so you’ll need an app called Readdle. Here’s how to get it:
- open the App Store ;
- tap Search at the bottom right of the screen;
- type readdle in the search bar at the top of the screen;
- tap Get or the cloud icon next to Documents by Readdle (the app icon looks like a gray “D” with yellow and green accents);
Follow the instructions on the screen.
Open YouTube on your iPhone or iPad.
Go to the video you want to download.
Choose Copy Link.
Open the Documents app.
The app icon looks like a gray “D” with yellow and green accents. It should take the last place on your home screen. Since this is your first time using the app, tap Continue at the command prompt and then scroll down to the one that says Documents at the top.
Tap the blue compass icon.
Open this page in your browser.
Scroll down to the Best Download option.
It’s the blue button under the video duration. This will display the Save File screen. If you want a smaller file, you can press the Download other formats button and select something else.
Rename the file then press Done.
Add the Readdle folder to the Files app.
If you add Readdle to your Files app, it will be easier for you to access your downloaded videos.
- Open the Files app (the blue folder) on your home screen. It is possible that it is located in a folder.
- Tap Browse at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Edit in the upper right corner.
- Enable the Documents option (the switch will turn green).
- Tap Done at the top right of the screen.
- You can now use the Files app to access videos uploaded with Documents by Readdle .
Watch the video.
Follow the steps below to watch the video:
- open Files ;
- press Browse ;
- select Documents ;
- choose Downloads ;
- tap the video to view it.
- If you are looking for a music video and download it in MP3 format, you will get an audio file. This file will not be of optimal quality since it is from a video and not a high-quality audio format.
- Be patient! Depending on your connection speed, even downloading a one-minute video can take two to three minutes.
- Downloading some music and videos may violate intellectual property laws because companies own the rights to the content you download. To avoid this, only upload to YouTube with the explicit permission of the creator of the music or video. Otherwise, you risk being sued for copyright infringement.